Europa Palast & Filmstudio im Europahaus
Susseldorfer Strasse 5-7,
1 person favorited this theater
The Europa Palast theatre was part of the Europahaus building which opened around 1954. The architects were Paul Bode who was based in Kassel & P. Poelzig. The interior design was by Werner Woelfer from Duisburg. The cinema had 1,190-seats. It had a stage in front of the CinemaScope screen which measured 4.8 x 11.5 metres. The B 12 projectors were by Bauer and a 4-channel stereophonic sound system was by Klangfilm. The seats were by Schroeder & Henzelmann. In 1962 the cinema was operated by Hans Eckelkamp Theatergesellschaft and was a member of Gilde deutscher Filmkunsttheater.
In 1975 the Europa Palast was twinned and had seating for 1,190 and 351. In 1993 it was taken over by Ufa Theater AG and they divided the theater into 4-screens with seating for 488, 364, 616 & 99. It was re-named Europa Palast & Filmstudio im Europahaus.
It was closed in 2003 and was used as a live theatre named Comoedie. In 2009 the Europahaus building was used as a bibiliothque (library) In 2011 the former cinema was in use as a discothque named High 5, which closed in 2013.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater