4026 W. Florissant Avenue,
2 people favorited this theater
Opened in 1910 as the O'Fallon Park Theatre. It was renamed O'Fallon Theatre in 1923. It was located just seven blocks from the much larger Tower Theatre. It was never part of a chain and was operated by the Kaimann family who owned and operated several other St. Louis theatres.
Both the exterior and interior had a French atmosphere and the theatre was rather ornamental. Two small towers rose above the marquee. The O'Fallon had a small balcony and the inner walls of the auditorium were divided with columns and french paintings lined the walls between each column. Plush red velvet draperies over the stage and screen. Three aisled auditorium, with two side aisles and a center aisle.
The O'Fallon Theatre, along with the Norside Theatre and Tower Theatre, were victims of television and the changing demographics of their neighborhood and the O'Fallon Theatre closed as a movie theatre in 1959. It later became a church and has since been demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater