191 W. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: Raymond F. Smith
No theaters found within 30 miles
- Andy Sisk, former sales agent for Paramount Pictures and the Wallace Theatre Circuit, bought the aging Liberty Theatre in 1947. He immediately invested in a property across Main Street to build the new Andy Theatre. Post-War construction materials delayed the project for many years.
The origins of the Andy Theatre named by Sisk date back to 1951 to 1953 where he likely operated from the renamed Liberty Theatre. He had an opening in September of 1953 for the Andy Theatre but the formal opening of the new-build 191 W. Main Street location was not until April 8, 1955. Almost ten years later, the theatre was destroyed by fire on February 4, 1965.
A bank replaced the former theatre location while Lewisville would get both a drive-in and a two-screen Jerry Lewis Cinema in the early-1970’s to return movie going in the growing city.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.