No one has favorited this theater yet
Built in 1913, this house was located on Broadway between W. 103rd Street and W. 104th Street. Most of its life was showing second and third run double bills. In the late-1960’s it went Spanish, sometimes English films with Spanish subtitles and eventually all Spanish language. In 1988 it was sold and given a mild renovation and the name changed to the Columbia Cinema.
With City Cinemas booking it, it opened “La Bamba” and then “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” exclusive on the west side. City Cinemas ran it for two years at which time many of the newer multiplexes had opened and upper and lower west side could play day and date. The last two years it was a $3 discount house, and once in a while would get a first run engagement and charge full price.
It closed in 1993 and became a Lucille Roberts gym. It has now been demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater