No one has favorited this theater yet
In 1896 the first movie screenings in Aachen took place at the Eden Varity Theatre as part of the variety show. In 1907 the Eden Varity Theatre was transformed into a cinema named Kinephone Kinema and in 1909 it was re-named Eden Theater. In 1928 it was re-named Eden Palast. In 1937 the building was demolished and a new 900-seat Eden Palast was opened. It was destroyed in 1941 by Allied bombs during World War II.
A new Eden Palast was built and opened in 1949 with 1,115-seats in orchestra & balcony levels. In 1956 it was equipped with CinemaScope and a 4-channel stereophonic sound system was installed. In 1962 a Todd-AO screen and 70mm projectors were added. In 1978 the cinema was tripled with 520, 197 and 88-seats. In 2013 two more screens were added with 472, 79, 66, 121 & 109-seats. A 70mm DP 70 Projector by Phillips was installed and “Full Metal Jacket” directed by Stanley Kubrick was screened in 70mm.
In 2020 arthouse movies and movies in their original English versions are screened.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater