515 S. 9th Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Sun Theatre was a silent movie theatre launched to compete with the Tiffany Theatre. J.B Hickman and W.E. Rama launched the Sun Theatre on March 4, 1922 with Tom Mix in “Trailin'” supported by a Clyde Cook comedy. It opened with Simplex S projectors and Gardener Velvet Gold Fibre movie screen.
In 1926, competing operator Horace F. Kennedy purchased the Sun Theatre operating it only until October of 1926 with its last event an October 15, 1926 address by Governor Charles W. Bryan trying to drum up support for his November run at the position which he lost.
Kennedy sold the Sun Theatre equipment and signage to John Cossner. He moved it to new Sargent, Oklahoma opening there on January 18, 1927 as the new Sun Theatre which lasted over 30 years. In Broken Bow, the former Sun Theatre opened as the Sun Pastime on November 13, 1926 – a billiards hall with cigar shop and confectioner.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater