No one has favorited this theater yet
Tiny Broadwater in Nebraska was established thanks to a railroad stop placed there in 1909. The new-build Isis Theatre by V.O. Bruner opened with silent films in 1916. The 247-seat theatre did well in the silent era. It operated continuously until 1930 under four operators.
During the Depression, A.W. Wilkonson relaunched it still silent in 1931 closing it in June due to lack of patronage. It reopened under Andrew Anderson in October of 1931 operating silent into early 1932.
The Isis Theatre was used for sporadic live events until Wilkonson resumed operations in January of 1934 when he wired the Isis Theatre for sound. Films were discontinued after Will Rogers' in “Judge Priest” played there on April 28, 1935.
The Isis Theatre facility was used until 1947 for sporadic live events and may have played some limited oldie films during that period. Elwood Singer sold the Isis Theatre in 1947 which was likely converted for retail use at that time.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater