Harford Theatre

2616-2620 Harford Road,
Baltimore, MD 21218

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 4 comments

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on December 25, 2015 at 11:09 pm

An architect field needs to be created on this page listing A. Lowther Forrest, Ewald Blanke, and John Zink. Forrest’s involvement in the project was noted in the April 22, 1916, issue of Motography. The owner of the project was Vincent A. Valentine, and the size of the building was originally 32 x 90 feet.

randytheicon on June 1, 2009 at 4:08 am

The old marquee remained on the building for some years. The Harford did reopen as an adult theatre in the early 1970s, but only briefly.

Ken Roe
Ken Roe on August 28, 2005 at 4:17 pm

In 1920 the Harford Theatre was re-modeled to plans by architects Ewald Blanke and John Zink. It lasted as a regular movie house until 1960. It re-opened as the Harford Arts Theatre in 1962, but closed for good in 1963.