56 W. Center Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Globe Theatre opened as an early silent movie house in downtown Logan, UT. It launched January 30, 1909 with the silent film, “Romance of the Old Mill” supported by four short films and an illustrated sing along.
Harry Revier bought a few theatres in Utah in 1910 hoping to start a vaudeville circuit. That included the Globe Theatre which he transformed briefly to the Revier Theatre as well as theatres in Salt Lake City and Ogden. Motion pictures were also on the bill when it opened on January 17, 1910. That same day, the Oak Theatre launched with full-time motion pictures.
But by May of 1910, Revier was gone and would establish himself as a movie director with more than 25 directing credits. The theatre became known as the Logan Theatre on May 10, 1910.
On September 18, 1911, the theatre became the Princess Theatre under new operators opening with Giovanni Casaleggio in “The Fall of Troy”. R.E. Alexander of Billings, Montana, took on the venue in January 1912 improving projection with 1912 new model Motiograph projectors. That failed and the Princess Theatre was used for sporadic live events and boxing matches until closing in 1915.
The Princess Theatre was converted to an auto garage for Cache Auto Company. The building was later demolished for a parking lot.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater