Park Road and Beresford Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Dingle district to the south of the city, at the corner of Park Road and Beresford Road. The site had previously been occupied by a furniture depository, which had been destroyed by fire in the early-1920’s. The Beresford Cinema was opened around 26th January 1922 by T. Halliwell Hughes who operated a small chain of 7 cinemas. Seating was provided for 797 in the stalls and 250 in the circle. In March 1928 it was taken over by the Denman Picture Houses chain, a subsidiary of the Gaumont Picture Houses chain.
The Circuit Management Association (CMA) soon to be re-named The Rank Organisation closed the Beresord Cinema on 29th September 1956 with George Montgomery in “Seminole Uprising” & Bill Owen in “Not So Dusty”. The building was converted in a Mecca Bingo Club. It was later demolished for road widening and today the area is small grassed area with trees.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater