39 Milton Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Saltburn-by-the-Sea to the east of Middlesbrough, Cleveland. Built on the site of Pictureland on the corner of Milton Street and Garnet Street. The Grand Cinema was opened around 1920. In 1924 it was re-named Kozy Cinema. In 1927 under new management it was re-named Cosy Cinema. By 1930 it had been equipped with a British Thomson-Houston(BTH) sound system. By 1936 it had been re-named Cinema de Luxe, but was mainly referred to a the Cinema. It was equipped with CinemaScope in the mid-1950’s and had a 21ft wide screen.
By the early-1970’s it was operating as a cinema, with part-time bingo. By the mid-1970’s it had closed as a cinema and was a full-time Cosy Bingo Club. It was closed in the mid to late-1980’s. It has been demolished and a block of flats have been built on the site, which have their entrance at 2 Garnet Street.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater