Whiteway Theatre

1150 South 6th Street,
St. Louis, MO 63104

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 4 comments

JAlex
JAlex on August 17, 2011 at 10:48 am

Original operator in 1915 was Alex Papandrikos, who was followed by Tommy James as operator. In 1936 the theatre was taken over by Papand & Schulter who also operated the Roxy, Columbia, Powhatan and Avalon Theatres. Fred Wehrenberg purchased the property in 1946 and leased it to Sam Komm who operated theatre until closing in April 1948. Theatre closed with a (reissue) double-bill of “Of Mice and Men” and “One Million B.C.”

JamesGrebe
JamesGrebe on March 24, 2005 at 2:48 am

The wrong bandit struck again. The correct address is 6th and Hickory

JamesGrebe
JamesGrebe on March 4, 2005 at 3:00 am

The Whiteway was at the corner of 6th and Rutger, not Geyer.
JamesGrebe

JAlex
JAlex on January 2, 2005 at 7:20 am

Years of operation were 1915 to 1948.