Assembly Rooms Theatre
40 N. Bailey,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Assembly Rooms Theatre (Official)
Functions: Live Theatre
The Assembly Rooms, were built in 1893. It was operated by a Mr. Rushworth in December 1896 when it presented the Moore & Burgess Minstrel Show. Animated photographs were also screened using the Vitographe. In February 1898 the Livermoore Brothers were presenting the Biograph as part of the programme headed by the Court Minstrels on stage. In July 1899 it was presenting the film “Our Navy”. On 21st December 1900 the Assembly Rooms were presenting Arthur Jefferson (Stan Laurel’s father) in his popular concert party plus Animated Pictures. By 1906 it was operating as a full-time cinema which continued until 1909, when it was redecorated and reopened in 1910 as the Assembly Rooms Theatre, still a cinema. The Assembly Rooms Theatre was still operating as a cinema in 1927. It had closed by 1934.
Today it operates as a live theatre
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.