127 Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Seal Beach Theatre
First announced in the November 27, 1926, issue of the Santa Register, an unnamed moving picture showhouse was going to be built in the Gump building on Main Street by Ira E. Patterson, who also conducted movies in Central Auditorium.
A reference to the Coast Theatre first appeared in the Santa Ana Register March 2, 1927 and Billboard Magazine reported March 5, 1927, that Ira Patterson had opened the theatre. Film Daily Year Book 1928 listed a Seal Beach Theatre with 200 seats, which in the 1929 issue became the Coast Theatre with 200 seats.
FDYB 1932 gave it an asterisk, meaning it wasn’t wired for sound and in 1933 it was listed as closed.
The Santa Ana Journal reported on June 13, 1938, that the Post Office had moved into the Gump Building at 127 Main Street. (Previously known as 9th Street).
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.