18 N. Jackson Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Electric Theatre was opened by the 1920’s. In 1934 it was remodelled by the architectural firm Boller Brother, and with seating provided for 518, it was renamed Mercier Theatre. A two story front with retail to both sides of the theatre entrance. The building was an orange brick front with protruding brick work in a column type effect above the theatre portion. Terra cotta lined the top where it met with the roof. The box office was to the right side of the entrance leading into a good sized lobby. The concession stand was to the left side of the lobby and three aisles leading into the auditorium. The auditorium has a small stage with decorative plaster work around the tage and the stage was covered with a plush red velvet curtain with gold trim.
The theatre closed in 1986 with Tom Cruise in “Top Gun”. The lobby was turned into retail space.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater