No one has favorited this theater yet
In 1933, the second Cineac chain newsreel cinema was built in the Gare Montparnasse (railway station), under the old station.
The architects, de Montaut Gorska, created a very interesting Art Deco design. On the facade of the station, a huge neon sign and neon arrows invited patrons to a large corridor. The floor made of tiles was a masterpiece and the lobby had two large windows one showing the air conditionning system the other on a higher level the projection booth.
The auditorium had a very fine Art Deco design too, and a space at the rear for standing viewers. The screen was high enough to avoid the problem of permanent traffic on the aisles.
Until the end of the 60s, this amazing place was not altered by any refurbushing, only a Cinemascope screen was added. But in the 70s, the old railway station was razed, and the Cineac vanished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater