Heartland Community Theatre

212 N. Washington Street,
Clinton, MO 64735

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 3 comments

dallasmovietheaters
dallasmovietheaters on November 12, 2018 at 4:15 am

The 750-seat Go-Sho Theatre opened on November 24, 1947 with “It Happened on Fifth Avenue in downtown Clinton, Mo. The theatre architect was Robert Boller and was opened by the J. T. Ghosen circuit who named it after himself. The theatre replaced the Uptown Theatre which had been destroyed in a fire in 1946. The original design for the venue by Boller was under the name “new” Uptown Theatre; but Ghosen renamed the project during the planning stages.

In 1959, a contest was held to rename the theatre which was updated. Jerry Hyde chose the Crest Theatre as the name which was in place when it relaunched on November 11, 1959 with the film, “The Big Circus.” That also was the final day for the Lee Theatre. The theatre was triplexed becoming the Crest Cinema 3 before closing in 2003. It was replaced with a larger six-screen complex elsewhere in town.

Trolleyguy
Trolleyguy on August 4, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Website link is broken. Info can be found on their Facebook page or by phone. Updated phone#: 660-885-6828

bbrown1
bbrown1 on September 1, 2008 at 3:31 pm

The Crest Cinema closed as a movie theater in 2003, but is being renovated for live performances by the Heartland Communuty Theater. You can see both old and new photos of the Crest at their website:

http://heartlandcommunitytheatre.com/index.html