Dodge Theatre

205 N. Iowa Street,
Dodgeville, WI 53533

Unfavorite 2 people favorited this theater

Related Websites

State Theatres (Official)

Additional Info

Operated by: State Theatres

Functions: Movies (First Run)

Styles: Art Deco

Phone Numbers: Box Office: 608.935.5225

Nearby Theaters

DODGE Theatre; Dodgeville, Wisconsin.

The Dodge Theatre opened June 8, 1935. It is one of the few independently-operated single-screen movie houses still open in Wisconsin. This old-fashioned theatre with a large screen screens first-run features and was one of the three movie theatres making up the Blutree Theatres chain (the Grantland Theatre in Lancaster and the Avalon Theatre in Platteville are the other two). It is now operated by State Theatres.

Contributed by Bryan

Recent comments (view all 5 comments)

kseward
kseward on July 11, 2007 at 10:31 am

Cool little theatre. Saw The Mask here when passing thru in the early 1990s.

jdalles
jdalles on July 2, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Former Owner of Dodge Theatre: Otto Settele

SETTELE, OTTO DEATH MARSHFIELD NEWS HERALD JAN 13, 1997 p.7A col.4
Notes: age 83/of merrill/died-st joseph’s hosp-city

Peerless78
Peerless78 on September 13, 2016 at 7:20 pm

June 8, 1935 Dodge Theatre opens ! Owned by J. Eskin of Richland Center Managed by S.S. Robinson of Fox Lake transformed the old Woerpel Building

richardg
richardg on August 1, 2021 at 11:47 am

I visited the Dodge Theatre in June of 2021 and was informed by the owner that the theatre is for sale. It’s a small theatre seating approximately 150 people. There is no balcony. A steel spiral stair case leads to the projection booth. When covid was at its worst the theatre was closed but made some revenue by selling popcorn to the towns residents. The towns people were supposedly very supportive of this effort. The theatre has a nice marquee with neon and milk glass. It is, as mentioned above, still part of the State Theatre Chain.

SethG
SethG on April 2, 2022 at 12:07 pm

Before remodeling, this was the Iowa Automobile Company dealership, built in 1920 by the Woerpel brothers. The garage at rear, largely intact, became a tavern, which is the current use.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment

Subscribe Want to be emailed when a new comment is posted about this theater?
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.