Grandview Theater and Drafthouse
1247 Grandview Avenue,
7 people favorited this theater
This nicely restored neighborhood theatre came alive again when the Grandview Heights area to the northwest of Columbus, OH. was rejuvenated with upscale bistros, galleries and coffee houses.
The Grandview Theatre originally opened on September 4 1926 with Wallace Beery in “Behind the Front”. It had 561-seats. It closed in the early-1960’s and was an antique store until re-opened in the early-1980’s as a sub-run dollar house. That only lasted a year or so when Drexel Theatres added it to its chain of three restored neighborhood houses.
The Drexel Grandview Theatre was due to be closed September 27, 2008, but was temporarily reprieved. This was very short-lived as the theatre was closed on September 30, 2008.
The theatre came under new ownership in October 2008 and after renovations were completed, it reopened in December 2009. It was closed in December 26, 2015, and reopened May 5, 2016 as the Grand Theater and Drafthouse.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater