324 East Main Street,
15 people favorited this theater
News About This Theater
- Jan 25, 2014 — New life for Lorraine
- Aug 17, 2010 — Classic art deco theater in jeopardy
- Feb 5, 2010 — Lorraine Cinemas to present "The Wizard of Oz" on the BIG SCREEN
- Aug 25, 2009 — CineMajestic's Lorraine Cinema celebrates Anniversary with "Gone with the Wind"
- Mar 23, 2009 — Hoopeston's jewel, Lorraine Cinemas shining more brightly
- Feb 27, 2008 — Lorraine Theater for sale
- Sep 14, 2007 — Lorraine Theater for sale
- Jul 26, 2007 — Lorraine Theatre for sale
- Oct 2, 2006 — Cinema owner protests new films by shutting down theater
The Lorraine Theatre, not to be confused with the newer Lorraine II, originally opened in 1922, but was rebuilt internally in the Art Deco style in 1937, when it received its current appearance. This included the addition of a balcony, and an elegant Art Deco style marquee.
In 1998, a state of the art sound system was added. It is one of the few theaters in the state of Illinois (outside Chicago) which has such a high tech sound system. It was closed in 2012, but by 2013, there were plans to reopen it.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.