Also, the reason why the building looks early-1950s from Google street view is because the Cameo Theatre relocated to its current address on May 10, 1951, reopening in its new location with Lassie in “The Painted Hills” (unknown if extras added). The older location closed two days beforehand on May 8, 1951 with “Wyoming Mail” (also unknown if extras added).
Actual opening date is October 30, 1975, opening with “Love And Death” in Screen 1 and “The Other Side Of The Mountain” in Screen 2. It was closed in May 2005.
Opened by Flagship in September 1997 with seven screens and 1,251 seats. It expanded to 10 screens and updated its capacity to 1,372 seats in early-2001 after announcing in September 2000.
The Ambassador became a live venue house for popular pop and rock acts in mid-January 1974, beginning with Van Morrison. “That Man Bolt” was the last film screened at the Ambassador on January 16, 1974. The main reason why the Ambassador Theatre closed as a live music venue in May 1976 is because of unruly crowds. This was followed an incident at a ZZ Top concert where a pair of streakers disrupted the concert the previous month in April of that same year.
This was opened by Monarch Theatres, and was taken over by Associated Theatres in December 1981. Premiere Cinemas took it over in the mid-1980s, Cinemark took over the theater from Premiere on October 27, 1989, and operated the theater until September 3, 1991.
Once operated by Premiere Cinemas, taken over by Cinemark on October 27, 1989, and operated the theater until September 27, 1993. It was then taken over by independent ownership.
Taken over by Warner Bros Circuit Management Corp in April 1930.
Taken over by Warner Bros Circuit Management Corp in March 1931.
Taken over by Warner Bros Circuit Management Corp in March 1931.
Taken over by Warner Bros Circuit Management Corp in March 1931.
Taken over by Warner Bros Circuit Management Corp in March 1931.
Taken over by Warner Bros Circuit Management Corp in March 1931.
Closed on October 31, 1985 with “Gremlins” and the Talking Heads concert film “Stop Making Sense”.
Also, the reason why the building looks early-1950s from Google street view is because the Cameo Theatre relocated to its current address on May 10, 1951, reopening in its new location with Lassie in “The Painted Hills” (unknown if extras added). The older location closed two days beforehand on May 8, 1951 with “Wyoming Mail” (also unknown if extras added).
Opened on October 15, 1969 with “Sweet Charity”.
Actual opening date is October 30, 1975, opening with “Love And Death” in Screen 1 and “The Other Side Of The Mountain” in Screen 2. It was closed in May 2005.
Taken over by Famous Players on September 28, 1928.
Closed on February 18, 1991.
Opened on November 11, 1994 and closed on February 18, 2001.
Opened by Flagship in September 1997 with seven screens and 1,251 seats. It expanded to 10 screens and updated its capacity to 1,372 seats in early-2001 after announcing in September 2000.
A second screen was added around 2017.
Still open in 1930.
Operated as early as 1929.
1954, actually.
Not to be confused with a later Sandy Theatre (formerly the Sunset Theatre and later Sandy Cinema), which began using the exact name in 1978.
The Ambassador became a live venue house for popular pop and rock acts in mid-January 1974, beginning with Van Morrison. “That Man Bolt” was the last film screened at the Ambassador on January 16, 1974. The main reason why the Ambassador Theatre closed as a live music venue in May 1976 is because of unruly crowds. This was followed an incident at a ZZ Top concert where a pair of streakers disrupted the concert the previous month in April of that same year.
A lumber fire destroyed the ticket booth on August 3, 1946.
This was opened by Monarch Theatres, and was taken over by Associated Theatres in December 1981. Premiere Cinemas took it over in the mid-1980s, Cinemark took over the theater from Premiere on October 27, 1989, and operated the theater until September 3, 1991.
Once operated by Premiere Cinemas, taken over by Cinemark on October 27, 1989, and operated the theater until September 27, 1993. It was then taken over by independent ownership.
Taken over by Cinemark on October 27, 1989.
First known as Southgate Cinema 4, later Southgate Cinema 8.