19-20 Market Place,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Palace Cinema - Devizes (Official)
Previously operated by: Robins Cinemas
Previous Names: Picture Palace, Electric Palace
Located in the Wiltshire town of Devizes. Opened in 1912 with 417 seats, it was first known as the Picture Palace and then became the Electric Palace. In the late-1920’s it was enlarged to seat 900. Always operated as an independent, the operators in the 1930’s were A. Austin Pilkington Theatres.
In the 1970’s bingo was played on some nights and it was acquired by Zetters in 1975 and converted into a bingo club in the former stalls and a 253 seat cinema in the former circle. It was operated by Miles Byrne until his death in 1986. Taken over by Steven Wischusen until 1992, it then became part of the small Robins Cinemas circuit.
Today, its under an independent operator Angel Leisure, and screens first-run films. It was closed for renovations in July 2021. In May 2022 it was announced that the bingo operation in the former stalls was closed and the space was being converted into a 2nd screen which, with the stage fly-tower reinstated, would also present live shows.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.