Marignan Cultural Centre
No one has favorited this theater yet
Functions: Cultural Center
Previous Names: Marignan Cinema, Marignan Conference Centre
Located just north-west of the main city centre. The Marignan Cinema was built on the place of a former entertainment establishment. Although architect R. Ajoux (who has also designed the Mirano Cinema and Century Cinema on the same road) had made drawings and plans for a cinema named ‘Miramar’, it was eventually built by architects G. Rousseau and Arthur Meuleman in 1958, and opened in 1959.
In 1967 the auditorium was expanded to a total of 625 seats. The theatre was exploited by Les CineÃ©s Madou until 1976, and had it’s final screening in 1979.
It was then used by INSAS (Institut National SupÃ©rieur des Arts du Spectacle) until 1991. After some reconstructons, the building has been in use as a conference centre since 1995. The original auditorium has been restored, and the projection booth is in it’s original state as well. In 2018 it became a cultural centre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.