Fox Drive-In

4701 Bragg Boulevard,
Fayetteville, NC 28303

600 cars

Unfavorite 2 people favorited this theater

Additional Info

Previously operated by: Eastern Federal Corporation, H.B. Meiselman Theaters

Previous Names: Miracle Drive-In, Fox Twin Drive-In

Nearby Theaters


The Miracle Drive-In was opened prior to 1955. The drive-in theatre was once noted as one of the largest drive-in theatres in the state of North Carolina. It was also noted as one of the biggest showplaces in all of Cumberland County and the surrounding areas of Fayetteville and Fort Bragg and other areas.

The theatre opened under the Meiselman/H.B. Theatre Group. The theatre was under their operation under 1969, when H.B. Theatres folded and was acquired by Charlotte-based Eastern Federal Theatres. A third screen was added after 1978. Eastern Federal operated the Fox Drive-In until its closing sometime after 1990.

Contributed by raymond

Recent comments (view all 6 comments)

NYozoner on January 2, 2015 at 5:06 pm

From the summery, are we to presume the Fox Drive-In originally opened as the Miracle Drive-In, and at some point the name was changed?

NightHawk1 on January 30, 2015 at 1:25 am

If the above address (next to Powers-Swain Chevrolet) is correct then the Fox Drive-In closed as a three-screen drive-in: two back-to-back screens (still standing) and a third, smaller screen at the front of the property (the steelwork of which now stands on a used-car lot).

Kenmore on December 1, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Based on topo and aerial maps from the time, there is no evidence to suggest that a third screen existed. It may be a fault of Google maps because it would have stood over the exit road. An aerial photo from 1978 does not show a screen in that location.

In addition to the big screen which still stands, although it is heavily damaged and deteriorated, the ticket booth is still present. However, both projection booths/concession stands appear to be totally demolished.

imagnthat on March 11, 2017 at 8:27 pm

really miss this place. grew up there watching awesomely scary horror flix and worked there for a time as a teenager. there were def. 3 screens

Kenmore on March 12, 2017 at 2:16 pm

After further research, the drive-in appeared to have closed after 1990, not 1980 as indicated in the description. The third screen was not added until sometime after 1978 and recently has been fully torn down.

GuitarRebel on March 2, 2018 at 7:12 pm

The Fox indeed had 3 screens, the third one devoted exclusively to X and R rated movies. I don’t know why it’s referenced as the Miracle in the description above. Maybe it was renamed the Fox in 1956. The Miracle was a walk-in theater on Hay Street.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment

Subscribe Want to be emailed when a new comment is posted about this theater?
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.