Kingsland Palace of Animated Pictures
105-107 Kingsland High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: William Edward Trent
Previous Names: Kingsland Palace
Located in the east London inner city district of Dalston. In 1909, Clara Ludski opened the Kingsland Palace in a former auctioneers shop at 105 Kingsland High Street. Seating was provided for 175.
It was so successful, that in 1910, she took over the premises next door at number 107, and enlarged the cinema to seat 360. It was now named the Kingsland Palace of Animated Pictures. In 1915, the building was demolished down to ground level, retaining the basement to enable the purpose built Kingsland Empire to be erected on the site.
The new cinema was designed by architects Percy C. Adams & George Coles, and with modifications in 1937 by architect Frederick E. Bromige, it continues today as the popular Rio Cinema. The former basement became the 31-seat Screen 2 of the Rio Cinema in December 2017.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.