E. Fourth Street and Franklin Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Built in 1911 on the corner of E. Fourth Street and Franklin Street by J.B. & L.K.Nave at a cost of $6,000. It was built entirely of cement in a Neo-Classical style and it’s dimensions were thirty five feet by eighty feet.
In 1913 the house was filled with opera chairs, a Weber baby grand piano, a stage and scenery, although Vaudeville was very seldom performed there as it was strictly a movie picture house. There were two aisles, each two feet ten inches in width. The operating room was of fireproof construction with a motor driven Power’s No 6 machine. The size of the picture was eleven feet by fourteen feet from a sixty five foot throw. Also in the operating room was a dissolving stereopticon, a spotlight and mercury arc rectifier.
Source: ‘The Moving Picture World, June 7, 1913’, Page 1017; ‘Rex Theater, Olympia, Washington’
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.