St Clair Street and Mille Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Caledonian Associated Cinemas Ltd.
Architects: Thomas Bowhill Gibson
Styles: Streamline Moderne
Located in the Sinclairtown district to the northeast of Kirkcaldy, Fifeshire. The Rio Cinema was opened on 1st February 1937 with Phil Regan in “Laughing Irish Eyes”. It was designed in a Streamline Moderne style by Edinburgh architect Thomas Bowhill Gibson. It had a 26ft wide proscenium and was equipped with a RCA sound system. It was operated by Scottish Central Cinemas Ltd, a subsidiary of the Caledonian Associated Cinemas Ltd. chain. It was still open in 1966 when the proscenium was 44ft wide. It became a bingo club operated by Kingsway Entertainments. It was destroyed by a fire in 1979.
A new purpose-built bingo club was built by Kingsway Entertainments on the same site. From 1993 it became a Granada Bingo Club, then Coral Bingo followed by Gala Bingo. It was finally operated by Dean Entertainments as a Premier Bingo Club which closed in 2006. It is now a Wonder World’s of Softplay, a childrens' play area.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.