1 person favorited this theater
Architects: Paul Bode
No theaters found within 30 miles
Located in Kassel in central Germany to the east of Dortmund. The Capitol Kino was opened in 1952 with 1,200-seats in orchestra and balcony levels. It was designed by architect Paul Bode in a Streamline Deco style. The auditorium had a ceiling made up of sweeping ribs which contained troughs of hidden lighting. It was equipped with CinemaScope on 25th December 1955 and the seating capacity was reduced to 1,178.
It was twinned in 1963 with seating for 742 in the former orchestra and 268 in the former balcony. It became a triple screen cinema in 1997 with seating for 297, 75 & 291. The Capitol Kino had lost all its original decoration by the time it was closed on 9th December 2000.
A new Cineplex Capitol 7-screen multiplex has been built on the site (which has its own page on Cinema Treasures).
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.