115 N. Kinsley Avenue,
1 person favorited this theater
Winslow Theater (Official)
Previously operated by: Harry L. Nace Theatres
Architects: Hugh E. Gilbert
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Rialto Theatre
The Rialto Theatre opened July 12, 1927 with 626 seats. It presented movies along with live stage acts. It was owned by the Nace/Rickards chain. It had a Meisel & Sullivan pipe organ which was still occasionally used until 1950’s.
There was a major fire in the theatre about 1955 and theatre underwent major remodelling and operated sporadically until it suddenly closed on January 31, 1996 when the final movie was Pauly Shore in “Bio-Dome”. It sat boarded up with its marquee removed until around 2005 when Allen Afeldt who owns the La Posada historic hotel in Winslow bought it and reopened it as the Winslow Theater.
Presently showing first run films and plans to eventually add live music performances and community activities.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.