685 Washington Road,
8 people favorited this theater
Denis Theatre (Official)
Architects: Victor A. Rigaumont
Previous Names: Harris-Denis Theatre, Denis Encore Theatres
News About This Theater
- Jun 26, 2014 — Vision for Mt. Lebanon theater includes center for film, music, lectures, art
- Sep 23, 2011 — Denis Theatre's rebirth moves forward
- Jun 29, 2011 — Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Examines the Plight of the Area's Independent Theaters
- Jun 21, 2010 — Bryn Mawr, Denis Theatre restoration efforts efforts boosted by grants
- Jan 29, 2010 — Efforts intensified to renovate, reopen Denis Theater
- Nov 17, 2008 — Fundraising for Pennsylvania theater going slow
- Apr 30, 2008 — Plans to reopen Denis
The Harris-Denis Theatre opened as a single screen movie theatre in 1938. This theatre was split, with the theatre on the orchestra called the Denis Theatre, and the one in the balcony called the Denis Encore Theatre. At the time I knew it it was an RKO Stanley-Warner theatre. When Almi took over they got rid of all RKO Stanley-Warner’s operations outside of the New York metropolitan area, and the Pittsburgh area theatres became Cinemette.
The Denis Quad Theatre, as it was last referred to, closed in September 2004 and was to be demolished to make way for retail and office space. Instead, there are plans to reopen it as a theatre, with fundraising underway.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.