Patio Theatre

6008 West Irving Park Road,
Chicago, IL 60634

GaryMeyer
GaryMeyer on March 17, 2004 at 8:02 pm

Why do you think art and foreign films would work. Middle and working class families are not traditionally the right audience.

Trolleyguy
Trolleyguy on March 17, 2004 at 1:46 pm

I lived in the area for nearly 10 years until recently. It is actually, a great middle and working class neighborhood, safe and clean. Neat, tidy brick homes, a lot of Eastern European immigrant families. Closest theater is far away in the burbs. It would be a good venue for art and foreign language films.

GaryMeyer
GaryMeyer on March 17, 2004 at 10:43 am

What kind of neighborhood is this in?

gooseswan
gooseswan on January 21, 2004 at 2:40 pm

Dan,

If you need a volunteer or help of any kind, I am interested in helping get the Patio open.

Andy

richardg
richardg on January 19, 2004 at 6:31 pm

Dan, I wish I could be of more help but the phone number I have for the Patio has been disconnected. It was 773 545-2006. If you’re out of the Chicago area, I’d bet the owners of the Music Box or maybe even the group trying to re-open the Portage Theatre (check in cinema treasures, theatres in need) might be of some help. If this is of no help, add another comment and I’ll see if I can get a friend or relative in Chicago to get you the information you need.

sigmania
sigmania on January 19, 2004 at 12:20 pm

Does anyone know how to contact the owner/lease-holder? There is no information anywhere else that I know about.

richardg
richardg on November 25, 2003 at 5:37 pm

During my last visit to Chicago I talked to one of the tennants at the Patio Theatre Building who informed me that the building’s owner is hoping to lease out the theatre. Hope someone’s interested.

josephshapel
josephshapel on July 11, 2002 at 12:25 pm

This place still comes up as sometimes open in the paper called the Reader in Chicago-problem is it is never open.Massive building both outside and in.Smells old when it is open.In the area of Chicago of old bungalows(one of which where I reside).Very Cool building -would love to see it open on a permanent basis.Large twinkling ceiling-I have seen the movies Goldfinger there when it first came out in the sixties and Patton,PT 109,etc,etc. What a shame for it not to reopen-it would have lots of business for sure!!!!!!

nmanjarrez
nmanjarrez on March 30, 2001 at 8:59 am

It’s a great place! Especially for families with more than two or three kids, it helps a great deal.

oobleckboy
oobleckboy on February 7, 2001 at 3:18 pm

I love this big, airy wonder! Gigantic and lovingly restored. Serves it’s neighborhood well, showing second run hits at an amazingly low $2 a seat. I’d pay that just to look around. The best bargain in Chicago.