20th Century Drive-In

2900 N. Dale Mabry Highway,
Tampa, FL 33607

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Mike Rogers on May 26, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Man,you know i will,i got off early from work and have been on since.Hope things are going great with life.

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on May 26, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Glad you enjoyed them Mike. I’m sure glad I saved them. I had about 50 programs of 50s & 60s films I had saved from the RITZ THEATRE that I ended up giving to my little cousin about 45 years ago (really bad mistake) since I’m sure she trashed them within a few weeks. And now I don’t have a single one from the RITZ. I’m kicking myself every time I think about it. What I wouldn’t give to have those little film programs today…!!

I posted a message on the Imperial page alerting tlsloews and Robin and other interested parties about the 20th Century programs. Make sure you check Tampa’s theatres daily since I’m planning (hopefully) to post something everyday on at least one theatre.

Mike Rogers on May 26, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I hope you have some way of letting Robin and Tlsloews know to look at the handbills. I just go over all my theatres.so that is how i catch them.

Mike Rogers on May 26, 2010 at 2:28 pm

I told you when my dad and me would stop in WASHINGTON,GA. at a hot dog stand,they had those same programs for the WILKES THEATRE in that city,{onCT} and i collected them too.Boy, would i love to have tose old programs. Well, not to brag,cause Tlsloews might read this, but on the program May 12-15 i have all three one sheets.“COLD TURKEY”,“HAWAIIANS”,and “TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA” Why a Dick Van Dyke movie would play before Clint Eastwood is odd.Newer release?
I have an 8by10 still of “EYE OF THE CAT”.On Nov.25-28 have both of those one sheets,“BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES” and “SICILIAN CLAN” rather strange double feature. I have the “GOODBYE,COLUMBUS” one sheet in great condition.I notice the features that night were given the R rating.“LOVE STORY” was GP rated. I guess since “GOODBYE,COLUMBUS” was R,they when R for the night. I bet today “GOODBYE,COLUMBUS” would PG.Those 4 Steve McQueen hits are fantastic,What a line up of his work. Dog,I miss those days. Thanks so much Nick.If no one else enjoys them, you know you made my night.

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on May 25, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Photo of booth dated 1964 when new equipment was installed. Thanks to Mike Rogers of Augusta who spotted the photo in Boxoffice:

Programs from 1960s-1970s:
1. View link
2. View link
3. View link

Mike Rogers on May 25, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Nick,through the years,before cinema treasures we were both sending movie ads in the mail,I know he will have some on the 20th century.

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on May 25, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Maybe he did then you can send them all to me.

Mike Rogers on May 25, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Nick,will you be adding newspaper ads here too.Hope you didn’t send them all to me.

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on March 6, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Cool Nick I will.

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on March 6, 2010 at 8:13 pm

I just posted photos of the Auto Park, Floriland, Fun-Lan and Hillsboro Drive-Ins. Also, the Florida, Garden, Palace and Ritz Theatres. Check ‘em out!

Mike Rogers on March 5, 2010 at 6:20 pm

iam not a musical guy.I did like “OLIVER”,but other than that they just drive me crazy. We played “MAME” for one week at NATIONAL HILLS. Lucille Ball and it played one week.Where were old Ladies?

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on March 2, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Yes I did and they’re great! Thanks for forwarding them to me. Talk about a coincidence. Whoever would have thought you’d end up with letters mentioning the Hillsboro Theatres in Tampa?!

I thought your rip on the problems the little ladies were causing when Sound of Music played was amusing. I never thought about it but that same situation probably occured in many other cities as well.

Mike Rogers on March 2, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Did you get the PLITT THEATRE stuff Robin gave me?

Mike Rogers on March 2, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Nick, I knew “SOUND OF MUSIC” was one of your favorite,hope you don’t think bad of me for ripping it,but i did from a theater perspective and not film.

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on March 2, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Mike, My fault…I jumped the gun! I submitted the Dale Mabry last night and figured it would post today but it hasn’t. I guess it’s still with the CT editors. This morning under “new theatres” the newest one was dated 2/28. I submitted mine on 3/1 so it should turn up soon…keep watching.

Mike Rogers on March 2, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Nick, I can’t find the Dale Mabry on CT,i have been looking,but my search comes up negative.

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on March 2, 2010 at 5:16 am

Mike, I will! And the Dale Mabry is now finally up.

Mike Rogers on March 1, 2010 at 7:59 pm

NICK, ROBIN HAS PUT MY THEATRES On CT. Check them out!

Mike Rogers on February 23, 2010 at 7:04 pm

You guessed it on BIll. I have pictures from SKYVEIW,WEIS,HILLTOP Drive-ins and Daniel Village,so hope when I send them to her she will put them on.

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on February 23, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Yeah the boat sinks in both versions!

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on February 22, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Mike, Yes, I certainly have my work cut-out! I wish I could do this research full time…now that would truly be a dream job! Sounds like you had a SUPER time at the reunion. You have a photo of a display from the Hillsboro Triple?!! If you’ll send it down I’ll make a copy and return it.

I’m shocked about Skyland Arts Cinema. I thought I typed the wrong city but in looking at your letter I don’t see Hendersonville listed on the page so I just assumed it was Forest City. Hopefully one of CT’s editors will correct it.

I’ll check out Robin’s photos for Columbia Square…sounds great! From your I have to guess that Barkley is heading south this summer. This should prove interesting!

Mike & tlstoes: for what it’s worth here’s my two cents on Titanic. I enjoyed the 1995 blockbuster mainly for the astounding effects. The documentary-like 1958 version, “A Night To Remember” was and still is my favorite movie about the disaster. So there you go!

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on February 22, 2010 at 10:32 pm

tlsloews, Thanks! I’ll try and keep ‘em coming and hopefully you’ll continue enjoying them. My fear is that they’ll eventually began to sound sort of repetitive which I’m hoping to avoid.

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on February 22, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Chuck, I’m familiar with several theatres you had listed but three of those I have never even heard of! Way before my time I would imagine. These should certainly provide for a very interesting search & find mission! If you have any additional theatres please list them here and I’ll add them to my expanding research project. Thanks!!

Mike Rogers on February 22, 2010 at 9:02 pm

I will be honest with you I never saw Titanic,seemed liked a three hour soap opera from i read about,There was another TITANIC movie i think called “REMEMBER THE NIGHT” i liked it alot better.