CineArts 5 at Pleasant Hill

2314 Monument Boulevard,
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523

Rohit
Rohit on January 5, 2005 at 1:55 pm

if anybody from the theatre or anyone who knows a lot about the theatre , i need some info for a high school news paper.

email me at

Bethoney
Bethoney on September 25, 2004 at 10:28 am

I have lived in Danville for thirty years and still continue at least three times a month to drive to the Monument Theatre to see their movies. The best thing about the theatre is it has movies you never find in my neck of the woods. Most of the new movies made today in the “regular theaters” in my view, are garbage, trash and a waste of time and money. They should nver “close” this theatre. Another great beauty of this location is that there is PLENTY OF PARKING!. As for the newer theatre build downtown, they can have it! It is a pain in the a—– to park and they show the regular junk there as well…..You can never replace the beauty of grandeur of the large dome theatre. It is the best……

I say, leave this theatre alone and Pleasant Hill City Council, “get your act together and keep this theatre alive”!

Nadina Riggsbee
Danville Resident

AlanSmithee
AlanSmithee on May 6, 2004 at 12:50 pm

Ironically, I’ve passed by the outside of this theatre several times, but never made a point to go there because I assumed it had also been split in half!

AlanSmithee
AlanSmithee on May 6, 2004 at 12:49 pm

Why would they have such little regard for this theatre by building a new one so close to it? They have been doing this in several locations recently and tearing down the old ones. Most of their new theatres only have common-width screens! The domes used to be their trademarks, they need to preserve the ones that are left, I don’t know how their current theatres will be regarded 30 years from now! If I lived closer to Pleasant Hill I would go to this theatre regularly regardless of what was showing. I pray that this theatre remains for decades to come. In the meantime they have TWO of these domes in Sacramento but both were split in half more than 25 years ago, they need to restore those back to the way they were. If they did I would go there regularly.

socatto
socatto on May 3, 2004 at 12:32 am

I work at this theatre and granted I doubt many people will read this I’d like to say that we’re fighting a losing battle. The student fighting for the safety of the dome said “this is a lndmark for a city without landmarks.” it’s true but we are no competition to the megaplex across the street. Everyone claims to love the dome but if anyone really did they’d actually support the dome by seeing the films we show and buying concessions. Seriously, I’d be surprised if the dome stays because we are not making the best arguement with little business.

ronn
ronn on April 3, 2004 at 7:45 pm

Hi. We were in the CineArts Pleasant Hill theatre today at the matinee at 1:50pm Saturday April 3, 2004. My husband lost his “prescription glasses” in the theatre. They have black frames and are in a grayish padded had case. If you find them, please call : (925) 473-0792 Thanks! Sincerely, Brian & Joyce Granville

ronn
ronn on April 3, 2004 at 7:42 pm

Hi! We went to the CineArts pleasant Hill theatre today Saturday April 3rd, 2004. We saw “Goodbye Lenin” at the 1:50pm matinee, not in the Dome but in the little theatres on the side of the Dome. My husband lost his “prescription glasses” in the theatre. They have black frames and are in a grayish padded case. If you find them, please give us a call here at home in Pittsburg,Califonia.
Our phone number is: (925) 473-0792. Thanks! Sincerely,
Brian Granville

JasonBalch
JasonBalch on May 30, 2002 at 5:04 pm

Now operating (for the time being, anyway) as an art film house.

Jason
Jason on December 7, 2001 at 2:36 pm

New Multiplex has opened 2 blocks away, and the shopping center that this theatre sits in has lost its anchor store, Montgomery Wards. This theatre is rumored to be closing in 2002. Check it out while you can!