Capitol Theater

140 E. Second Street,
Flint, MI 48502

Patsy
Patsy on February 19, 2005 at 1:52 am

Barbara: If you click on the site that ‘frenchjr25’ has posted it will take you to a contact information, etc. for Flint’s Capitol Theatre.

Patsy
Patsy on January 10, 2005 at 8:45 pm

Barbara: Two reasons to save and restore this theater in Flint MI…….Eberson and atmospheric!!!

kenblack
kenblack on January 9, 2005 at 6:31 pm

This was THE movie to take your date for that big saturday night date during the mid 1950s. I remember that the first moving I saw there was “House of wax” in 3-D during the summer of 1953. It was
such a beautiful building both inside and out.

femmeshui
femmeshui on December 23, 2004 at 9:07 am

I was lucky enough to be involved in a project at the Capitol Theater which allowed us the ability to venture into it’s many areas, including a bowling alley and a fallout shelter, both located in the basement, several lounges in the reception area of the balcony, and several stories of dressing rooms all overlooking the stage on stage left.

Barbara
Barbara on November 30, 2004 at 8:30 pm

Does anyone know a contact company/person for this restoration project? I’d like to get in touch regarding current restortion status.

Thanks!

Divinity
Divinity on October 19, 2004 at 11:22 pm

Isn’t it horrible when they take a georgeouus atmospheric theater and paint it’s ornamentation in the wrong earth tones. I would like to smack the fool that contributed to the demise of this movie palace in that way. All of the finishes hane been covered up.

Earth tones are not to be toyed with by untrained professionals on oppulent movie palaces!

Well, enough of that. I am just happy for the people of Detroit getting there theater back. Good luck restoring those colors my darlings!

sdoerr
sdoerr on October 1, 2004 at 3:43 am

Then-Now Pics and othert info about the theater and restoration

sdoerr
sdoerr on September 6, 2004 at 4:58 pm

Looks like a nice theater, never knew about it. Never been to a Eberson either, I’m gonna check it out the next time I go to Flint.

tgerdom
tgerdom on June 7, 2004 at 7:56 pm

To: Charles VanBibber: Do you have additional historical information about the Capitol Theatre in Flint, Michigan? I am particularly interested in the opening date and attractions as well as other information on presentations in the thirties and forties. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

frenchjr25
frenchjr25 on January 21, 2002 at 7:56 pm

Photos and history fo the Capitol can be found at:

gflinn
gflinn on January 20, 2002 at 5:31 pm

Until the theater first closed in 1976, the Capitol Theatre in Flint MI was operated by W.S. Butterfield Theatres.