Commack Multiplex Cinemas

100 Long Island Expressway,
Commack, NY 11725

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

KingBiscuits
KingBiscuits on July 26, 2008 at 3:34 am

The theatre opened on October 28th, 1983. I can’t seem to find opening engagements though.

Bloop
Bloop on August 27, 2007 at 6:10 pm

will the Cinema deLuxe have a detention pen with electric cattle prods and an “Odor Control Unit” ?

moviegoer
moviegoer on August 27, 2007 at 5:31 am

Yeah, that’s what I said on June 16. Scroll up.

Bway
Bway on August 27, 2007 at 12:30 am

I was by this building yesterday on the LIE, and there is a big banner draped across the front of the building:

“Coming Soon: Cinema de Lux: Stadium Seating”

RonMotta
RonMotta on August 24, 2007 at 10:00 pm

Heh…I did my Trashy Teen-Aged Loitering at the Syosset Triplex, mostly. But since I live in Commack now, I’ll make sure I lock my doors.

Bloop
Bloop on August 23, 2007 at 10:01 pm

T.T.W.L.I.T.C.M. (Trashy Teeens Who Loiter in The Commack Multiplex) will hold a protest on Oct. 1, 2007. All are welcome to show their support. No one over the age of 18, please! After that, the Commack Multiplex Odd Smell Preservation Society will hold a rally in order to bottle and save the original Commack Multiplex odor. All are welcome.

Vito
Vito on August 23, 2007 at 9:27 pm

The last time I spoke with the boys at NA, the theatre will be completly torn down and a new Cinema Delux built in it’s place. Starting date TBA, I will post new info as I get it.

Bloop
Bloop on August 23, 2007 at 9:12 pm

If it closes , all the trashy , obnoxious, teenagers will be in the STREETS! Beware!

RonMotta
RonMotta on August 22, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Does anyone know if the Multiplex will close, will be knocked down or what? I’m curious as to what the plan will be.

pixistix
pixistix on July 12, 2007 at 5:42 am

I have had no bad experiences here except for rumors of dead babies in the bathroom other than that have been there dozens of times and never had a bad experience.

Bloop
Bloop on July 1, 2007 at 8:07 pm

LOL! SAPS! You rule! I think the smell is merely uncleaned movie floor. That place is a movie-goers nightmare

BobT
BobT on June 30, 2007 at 12:50 pm

What was that smell? It was there since day one when I went and saw “Educating Rita”. Always wondered if it was the vinyl of the seats since any other theater I had attended were cloth covered. Something that always struck me the wrong way was in the candy cases, they didn’t price the candy. I know why they didn’t, but as a manager I thought it was dishonest, don’t know if that ever changed. Saw many a midnight show if my theater didn’t have a late show. “Ferris Bueller”, “Footloose”, “Breakfast Club”. Haven’t been back since the early 90’s but that place printed money when it first opened.

Mike (saps)
Mike (saps) on June 30, 2007 at 7:44 am

All screens will be equipped with Odorama. Oh, wait, they already are.

Vito
Vito on June 17, 2007 at 11:53 am

The project has been in the planning stages for quite some time. There are new inovations, or an improved version of the Cinema Delux concept, which will be included in the Commack design.
Stay tuned.

moviegoer
moviegoer on June 17, 2007 at 5:09 am

Well, I think they’re beyond the most agree it will happen stage, because I passed by the multiplex yesterday and there is a large banner hanging on it that says “Coming Soon, Cinema Deluxe 16, All Stadium Seating.”

No evidence of construction starting, but as far as I know this is the first public advertising that the project is a go.

Bloop
Bloop on May 19, 2007 at 4:45 pm

First movie I saw at this crappy “Plex: "Amityville: 3-D”. (1983). Yeah bad smells in there.

Vito
Vito on March 30, 2007 at 1:16 pm

CaptRon, The news is there is no news.
The on again-off again project is still well….on again-off again.
No date has ben established for the start of the new construction.
Its' a bit complicated with many variables still yet to be put in to place. But most agree it will happen….eventually.

RonMotta
RonMotta on March 15, 2007 at 1:31 pm

Any news on what’s going on with this theater?

Vito
Vito on June 8, 2006 at 1:22 pm

Yes Bway I would agree, however, circumstances I can not go into here will not allow it. The new building, which will be an improved Cinema Delux, will be state of the art.

Bway
Bway on June 8, 2006 at 12:26 pm

Vito, so they are actually going to tear the old theater down before they build the new one? It would seem to make more sense to build the new one in the parking lot, and then later tear down the old one when the new one is built. Although I guess that would cause parking problems.

moviefriend73
moviefriend73 on April 24, 2006 at 5:20 pm

I never liked working at this theatre. We had several complaints about an odor and the ripped carpeting and the kids that came out on Friday night (we use to call Friday night “fight night” and would place bets about when, where and who would fight). The odor has been a mystery, we tried everything from deodorizers, changing the air filters more frequently to keeping the AC on all night in certain theaters (worst ones) to keep air circulating. Nothing worked (temp at best). As for the remodel it has been put on hold for another year due to poor sales last year. It is scheduled to be a delux like the one in holtsville one day.

Vito
Vito on March 26, 2006 at 11:57 am

Bway, my sources tell me the details are not completly worked out, but the current plan is to tear down the exsisting theatre and then build a Cinema Delux, perhaps later this year or early next.

Mike (saps)
Mike (saps) on March 18, 2006 at 1:25 pm

Very musty smell in here a lot of times.

Bway
Bway on March 18, 2006 at 8:43 am

IINM, NA is planning to build a new multiplex in the parking lot of the current one, and then tear the old building down.

kyl416
kyl416 on March 18, 2006 at 2:09 am

I used to love going to this theater. I stopped going once National Amusements opened the new theater in Farmingdale during the mid 90s. The Farmingdale’s auditoriums were so much better with the cup holders and better seats. I remember Commack had one or two auditoriums similar to Farmingdale’s, they should have renovated more of their auditoriums to be like theirs.