Commack Multiplex Cinemas

100 Long Island Expressway,
Commack, NY 11725

BobT
BobT on November 24, 2008 at 6:59 am

I’m certain that that this theater will have the same fate The Commack Twin, The Mayfair, Deer Park, North Babylon & Brentwood faced when they opened, now that the Regal Deer Park Stadium 16 & IMAX has opened down the road in Deer Park.

KingBiscuits
KingBiscuits on November 23, 2008 at 9:36 pm

antben, that black guy you refer to as was the late, great Gregory Hines. The actor/tap dancing extraordinare also appeared in White Nights, The Cotton Club and Tap (written and directed by the original Michael Myers, Nick Castle), among others.

tiko223
tiko223 on October 24, 2008 at 11:59 am

With the economic climate the way it is, it has become doubtful that they will remodel this theater into an Island 16 clone.

antben14
antben14 on September 19, 2008 at 1:37 pm

I recall seeing “Deal of the Century' with Chevy Chase, Sigourney Weaver and that black guy during the first few weeks after the theater opened. I remember they gave out the movie times on xeroxed sheets of paper which were written on a typewriter.

KingBiscuits
KingBiscuits on July 26, 2008 at 6:56 pm

I found the premiere engagements.

They were The Wicked Lady (Faye Dunaway B-movie from Cannon Films), a double feature of Trading Places and 48 Hrs., Educating Rita, Going Berserk (forgotten John Candy film), Never Say Never Again, Richard Pryor: Here and Now, Possession (a horror film with Isabelle Adjani and Sam Neill, recommended), Risky Business, Under Fire and The Dead Zone.

KingBiscuits
KingBiscuits on July 25, 2008 at 7:34 pm

The theatre opened on October 28th, 1983. I can’t seem to find opening engagements though.

Bloop
Bloop on August 27, 2007 at 10:10 am

will the Cinema deLuxe have a detention pen with electric cattle prods and an “Odor Control Unit” ?

moviegoer
moviegoer on August 26, 2007 at 9:31 pm

Yeah, that’s what I said on June 16. Scroll up.

Bway
Bway on August 26, 2007 at 4:30 pm

I was by this building yesterday on the LIE, and there is a big banner draped across the front of the building:

“Coming Soon: Cinema de Lux: Stadium Seating”

RonMotta
RonMotta on August 24, 2007 at 2:00 pm

Heh…I did my Trashy Teen-Aged Loitering at the Syosset Triplex, mostly. But since I live in Commack now, I’ll make sure I lock my doors.

Bloop
Bloop on August 23, 2007 at 2:01 pm

T.T.W.L.I.T.C.M. (Trashy Teeens Who Loiter in The Commack Multiplex) will hold a protest on Oct. 1, 2007. All are welcome to show their support. No one over the age of 18, please! After that, the Commack Multiplex Odd Smell Preservation Society will hold a rally in order to bottle and save the original Commack Multiplex odor. All are welcome.

Vito
Vito on August 23, 2007 at 1:27 pm

The last time I spoke with the boys at NA, the theatre will be completly torn down and a new Cinema Delux built in it’s place. Starting date TBA, I will post new info as I get it.

Bloop
Bloop on August 23, 2007 at 1:12 pm

If it closes , all the trashy , obnoxious, teenagers will be in the STREETS! Beware!

RonMotta
RonMotta on August 22, 2007 at 9:42 am

Does anyone know if the Multiplex will close, will be knocked down or what? I’m curious as to what the plan will be.

pixistix
pixistix on July 11, 2007 at 9:42 pm

I have had no bad experiences here except for rumors of dead babies in the bathroom other than that have been there dozens of times and never had a bad experience.

Bloop
Bloop on July 1, 2007 at 12:07 pm

LOL! SAPS! You rule! I think the smell is merely uncleaned movie floor. That place is a movie-goers nightmare

BobT
BobT on June 30, 2007 at 4:50 am

What was that smell? It was there since day one when I went and saw “Educating Rita”. Always wondered if it was the vinyl of the seats since any other theater I had attended were cloth covered. Something that always struck me the wrong way was in the candy cases, they didn’t price the candy. I know why they didn’t, but as a manager I thought it was dishonest, don’t know if that ever changed. Saw many a midnight show if my theater didn’t have a late show. “Ferris Bueller”, “Footloose”, “Breakfast Club”. Haven’t been back since the early 90’s but that place printed money when it first opened.

Mike (saps)
Mike (saps) on June 29, 2007 at 11:44 pm

All screens will be equipped with Odorama. Oh, wait, they already are.

Vito
Vito on June 17, 2007 at 3:53 am

The project has been in the planning stages for quite some time. There are new inovations, or an improved version of the Cinema Delux concept, which will be included in the Commack design.
Stay tuned.

moviegoer
moviegoer on June 16, 2007 at 9:09 pm

Well, I think they’re beyond the most agree it will happen stage, because I passed by the multiplex yesterday and there is a large banner hanging on it that says “Coming Soon, Cinema Deluxe 16, All Stadium Seating.”

No evidence of construction starting, but as far as I know this is the first public advertising that the project is a go.

Bloop
Bloop on May 19, 2007 at 8:45 am

First movie I saw at this crappy “Plex: "Amityville: 3-D”. (1983). Yeah bad smells in there.

Vito
Vito on March 30, 2007 at 5:16 am

CaptRon, The news is there is no news.
The on again-off again project is still well….on again-off again.
No date has ben established for the start of the new construction.
Its' a bit complicated with many variables still yet to be put in to place. But most agree it will happen….eventually.

RonMotta
RonMotta on March 15, 2007 at 6:31 am

Any news on what’s going on with this theater?

Vito
Vito on June 8, 2006 at 5:22 am

Yes Bway I would agree, however, circumstances I can not go into here will not allow it. The new building, which will be an improved Cinema Delux, will be state of the art.

Bway
Bway on June 8, 2006 at 4:26 am

Vito, so they are actually going to tear the old theater down before they build the new one? It would seem to make more sense to build the new one in the parking lot, and then later tear down the old one when the new one is built. Although I guess that would cause parking problems.