Showing 51 - 75 of 35,640 comments
The Majestic Theatre is listed in a 1920 business directory at 119 North Gold Street.
The Isis Theatre is listed in a 1920 business directory at 104 East Pine Street. The Princess was next door at 106 East Pine Street.
The Theatorium is mentioned in the South Amboy Citizen on October 30, 1909.
P. J. Monaghan is now pushing along the improvements to his building in which the Theatorium is held. It will add many seats to its capacity and increase the comforts of the patrons. The box office has been placed on the extreme left of the entrance and well forward of the front partition. This will be an advantage especially at times when there may be extra large patronage.
1919 Sanborn map.
Roger is correct. The former Falmouth Theatre building is now Carpet Barn. The address is:
719 Main StreetFalmouth, MA 02540
If you zoom in on this Google map photo, you can see the name “Falmouth Theatre” right above the blue Carpet Barn sign.
Arcade Theatre circa 1953. Photo courtesy of the Maryland Historical Society.
This theatre opened as the Rusada Theatre on December 16, 1948.
The Empire Theatre was located on North Broadway Street near Church Street. To view this location on a Google map, you can use an address of 161 North Broadway Street.
This webpage has some Rivoli memorabilia from 1925.
Published on October 30, 1931.
Interior view of the Majestic Theatre. Photo courtesy of the D.H. Ramsey Library, Special Collections, University of North Carolina, Asheville.
The Granada Theatre is open. Website can be found here. According to their website, the address is 207 East Holland Avenue.
The Fifth Avenue Theatre has a brief mention in The Sun on March 22, 1914.
The Fifth Avenue Theatre will hereafter be devoted to the best of the moving pictures possible with the alternation of variety acts. This removes the last of the theatres to present a regular vaudeville programme below thirty fourth street.
Roof garden circa 1901. Courtesy of the Museum of the City of New York.
Photo courtesy of the D.H. Ramsey Library, Special Collections, University of North Carolina, Asheville.
Program calendar-April 1956.
The Marshall County Community Theatre website is now located here.
Thanks Will. You and I know it and maybe someday the rest of the world will figure it out. LOL
Published on March 30, 1927.
The Velie Block must have been a good sized building. It housed the Plaza Theatre and a number of stores. The Plaza had its grand opening on July 31, 1917, and the stores advertised their opening that day also. The addresses for the stores opening on that day ranged from 49 to 57 Bridge Street. This theatre most likely used the 47 Bridge Street address when it first opened. In June of 1951, the Plaza is advertising with an address of No. 3 West William Street. At some point in time the location of the theatre entrance was probably changed.
Maybe the entrance was changed since 1919. The Plaza was located in the James L. Velie Block, corner of William and Bridge streets. The Plaza Theatre opened on July 31, 1917. Ad is in photo section.
Published on July 30, 1917.
Harlem Theatre photo courtesy of the Maryland Historical Society.
The earliest ads that I’ve seen for the Plaza are from 1917. In 1918, the theatre was damaged in a fire. The damage was repaired and the theatre reopened.
Published in the Evening Leader on August 3, 1918.
Plaza to open August 10. The Plaza Theatre which was damaged in the Viele Block fire will reopen about August 10. The interior of the theatre has been redecorated and refinished.
An article about the new Plaza Theatre was published on September 19, 1917. It includes a picture of the interior of the theatre but no specific opening date is given. The article states that the Plaza had 600 seats and no balcony.
The 3 W. William Street address above is given in the Film Daily Yearbook. A 1919 newspaper gives an address of 47 Bridge Street for the Plaza Theatre.