AMC Loews Paramus Route 4 Tenplex

260 E. Highway 4,
Paramus, NJ 07652

moviebuff82 on March 20, 2008 at 1:37 pm

one other thing….the name should be changed to Route 4 Tenplex, not Loews Primus Route 4 Tenplex.

moviebuff82 on February 16, 2008 at 7:58 pm

thanks for changing the status of the theater, CT. I wonder what will become of this now barren building. I guess a million people visited this theater during its 42 year run.

Christophersepp
Christophersepp on February 12, 2008 at 6:39 pm

I may be wrong, but I would think people would be on here to talk about their great memories of this theater, not to constantly harp on its closing. What’s the point of complaining about this site’s listing of its status? I keep getting emails from this site telling me there are new posts regarding the tenplex. Every time I follow the link here, all I find are people moaning that the site hasn’t listed it as closed or discussing what new retail monstrosity should replace it. A lot of us still wish it remained open or that the land owners would change their minds about using it to put more unneeded retail space on. The new theater at the mall is horrible compared to the tenplex. Every theater there is exactly the same, no wide screens, no special feeling of being at a true theater, instead of a factory. It’s like watching a movie on a large television screen, instead of in a classic, formal theater. It’s amazing what people are content with these days. Yes, he tenplex had it’s flaws, but its positives far outweighed the negatives, even in its latter years. I spent close to thirty years enjoying the tenplex with my family and friends, it’s too bad people here just care about its closing status and dancing on its' grave. I’d love to log in here and actually read some stories about peoples' experiences at the theater over the years. In other words, let’s see some positives for once, please.

longislandmovies
longislandmovies on February 12, 2008 at 5:28 pm

cinamatour has no traffic on the site..

William
William on February 12, 2008 at 4:59 pm

Justin just think it took just till yesterday for the National Theatre in Westwood to have it’s status change to closed/demolished. I guess seeing pictures of just the iron framework of the building helped.

moviebuff82 on February 12, 2008 at 4:46 pm

Screw CT….Cinematour does a good job of tracking theaters like this, but they don’t get the popularity of Cinema Treasures!!!

JeffS
JeffS on February 12, 2008 at 4:41 pm

I’ve sent several emails to the site’s operators about this theater, and the Rt 17 RKO Century (which is demolished). No response, no change. I’ve been doing it for months. This site’s on auto-pilot.

moviebuff82 on February 12, 2008 at 10:19 am

I’m check here right now, and it’s still “open”? Boy, this theater policy will be taking a long, long, time…it’s closed, closed, CLOSED!!!

moviebuff82 on February 10, 2008 at 11:25 am

someone at ct should update the summary of the theater, as well as the status and in the near future, what retail space the former theater will turn into. I think the size of that building would fit an organic foods market like Whole Foods or perhaps Trader Joe’s..maybe a Chuck E'Cheeses, since there’s so few of them in North Jersey (East Hanover and Wayne come to mind). Maybe a Sonic Drive-In, since the crowd over at Fuddruckers has declined since the tenplex closed!!!

moviebuff82 on January 30, 2008 at 11:51 am

That’s right. When Cineplex Odeon merged with Loews, all trailers related to Cineplex were removed and replaced by the Loews Cineplex policy trailer, featuring a crowd attending a premiere of a movie at a Loews Cineplex theater. It would soon be replaced by the filmstrip guy from AMC after AMC bought the location and relocated the movies to GSP. A clip of CO’s coliseum in space trailer can be found on Youtube. FYI, Loews Cinplex had a sibling in Europe called Yelmo Cineplex, which used the same music as Loews in the US. BTW, what will be in that old space since the theater’s gone?

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on January 30, 2008 at 5:25 am

It also should have its name updated to “AMC Loews Paramus Route 4 Tenplex”, as this was the name of the theatre when it closed.

moviebuff82 on January 11, 2008 at 12:08 pm

It should be set to closed, CT people!!!

moviebuff82 on December 7, 2007 at 7:18 pm

Unfortunately, hopes for an IMAX theater in Paramus will have to go by as the AMC in ROckaway will be the only complex in North Jersey to show the format come summer 2008; the closest theaters are in West Nyack and Lincoln Square; Jersey City only shows Omnimax films.

moviebuff82 on December 4, 2007 at 1:37 pm

it’s been a few weeks since turkey day, and it’s still closed. AMC Garden State 16 is the successor to this theater, which someone working for ct will ad to the summary soon.

JeffS
JeffS on November 21, 2007 at 10:15 am

Status should be changed to “Closed.”

I said the same thing MONTHS ago, and even sent an email to the site “owners” via a contact us link (months ago). You can see how well they respond to their emails or maintain the site.

bamtino
bamtino on November 20, 2007 at 9:43 pm

Status should be changed to “Closed.”

JackCoursey
JackCoursey on November 18, 2007 at 7:48 am

The June 4, 2007 link to photos of the theatre (http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/photoman_1001/)no longer works. Is there another site where these photos can be viewed?

moviebuff82 on October 15, 2007 at 12:25 pm

so what’s up with the tenplex now that AMC is making money on its successor? I hope there should be a strip mall where it’s located, or maybe a concert hall since the only location nearby that has arts is the BergenPAC center in Englewood.

moviebuff82 on August 15, 2007 at 1:04 pm

I prefer to see digital movies in HD on Bluray and seeing event movies in IMAX since IMAX rocks!!! Too bad IMAX doesn’t have a widescreen process but makes up for it with two formats, IMAX big screen and Omnimax, which is back again at the reopened Liberty Science Center. I kinda liked Omnimax since you’re in the movie surrounded by picture and sound…it sucks that the picture was a bit more fuzzy and blurry than regular IMAX, which is taller and more comfortable and less dizzy. BTW, IMAX sound is much better than film sound. Too bad the prices are still expensive.

photoman1001
photoman1001 on August 15, 2007 at 12:58 pm

I saw 300 in IMAX and still get goosebumps thinking about how great it was. I hope more directors choose IMAX over digital!!!

moviebuff82 on August 15, 2007 at 12:48 pm

oh, that’s all. I posted a comment about the new batman on the lincoln square theater, since that theater can handle that film. The last Batman movie to be shown in IMAX, Batman Begins, was the second superhero to have his IMAX debut (spiderman was the first, with superman the third). Too bad Transformers wasn’t filmed in IMAX, as that would add more money to the budget, even though seeing giant robots on a giant screen might sound cool. As for 70mm, I saw a movie about Mt. St. Helens that was previously shot in IMAX then downconverted to 70mm for smaller screens. It was at a now gone theater in Castle Rock, WA that was called the Dome or something. It was awesome and excellent. As for IMAX, it still carries on that 70mm feel.

photoman1001
photoman1001 on August 15, 2007 at 12:40 pm

I could care less if it shows in DLP at the new replacement theater. I posted the info for the people on this post that love the old 70mm. It was refreshing to read that a director wanted to use large format film.

moviebuff82 on August 15, 2007 at 12:33 pm

that previous post was not related to this theater. You should post it on a theater with IMAX capabilities, e.g. the AMC Imax theater in manhattan. BTW, Batman played at the tenplex six times, first in 1966 one year after the Route 4 theater’s opening, then in 1989, 1992, 1995, 1997, and 2005. The new Batman movie will play at the theater’s successor, which will probably show it in DLP, not IMAX, on two of its screens. Same goes for the new Indy jones movies, which all three played at the tenplex before the new one plays at the Garden State 16. Even Star Trek, Halloween, and any movie that was made post 1965 that is getting revived has played at this theater long before newer versions play at the GS 16.