Comments from Joe Gleason

Showing 7 comments

Joe Gleason
Joe Gleason commented about Concord Theater on Dec 8, 2017 at 7:14 am

Just a quick update – it looks like the building will need to transfer ownership by the end of December, just a few weeks away. The reason for this is to secure tax credits which make the project viable. It takes a lot of work behind the scenes to pull a project like this together. More to come by the start of the new year!

Joe Gleason
Joe Gleason commented about Concord Theater on Feb 25, 2017 at 6:48 pm

Yes! There is a plan moving forward to save this building and turn it into a live performance venue as part of the Capitol Center for the Arts. I’ll provide updates when possible. There are quite a few moving pieces to this project and it is far from being a sure thing right now.

Joe Gleason
Joe Gleason commented about Capitol Theatre on Feb 9, 2010 at 8:44 am

An update – the theatre was sold in November. Congrats to the new owners! I hope the plans are for a renovation and grand reopening!

Joe Gleason
Joe Gleason commented about Concord Theater on Jun 21, 2008 at 5:15 pm

I wonder if the building is even sound at this point. I remember there used to be a marquee outside but it either fell down or was removed in the mid 90’s. Its a shame to see a building sit empty for so long.

Joe Gleason
Joe Gleason commented about Colonial Theater on Jun 21, 2008 at 4:49 pm

I meant to post this a while ago…I was unable to close a deal with the current owner. As far as I know, it is still for sale or lease. I am still looking for a project, my preference is something that has a decent stage for live performances.

Joe Gleason
Joe Gleason commented about Colonial Theater on Nov 3, 2007 at 8:45 pm

Just an update for those interested: I’ve been in the theatre twice in the last few weeks and just today got a copy of the original blueprints from the owner. The building is indeed for sale but would require significant work to return it to a live performance space. This should be done and I hope to be the one to do it. If you are interested, contact me through http://www.colonialnh.com

Joe Gleason
Joe Gleason commented about Colonial Theater on Sep 3, 2007 at 7:14 pm

Does the city own it or is it privately held? I’d like to get some more information on this theatre. Guess a drive up to Laconia is in my future. :)