Comments from scottm

Showing 23 comments

scottm commented about Meadow Glen Drive-In on Oct 2, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Wegman’s supermarket opened on November 5, 2017. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3hkOlM3O-I (Formerly Meadow Glen Mall and Meadow Glen Drive in)

scottm commented about Medford Square 1-2-3 on Dec 19, 2012 at 11:46 am

I have been there once many years ago, around 1977-78. They had two small screens up stair and one screen on first floor. Last time I watched the movie “Little Bear in breaking train”(in Cinema 3) while my dad watched “A bridge too far” in cinema 2. It is gone now.

scottm commented about Assembly Square Cinemas on Feb 1, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Ron, wow. thanks for the info.

scottm commented about Assembly Square Cinemas on Nov 19, 2008 at 8:26 pm

I don’t know why but I think they work somewhere across the street or some office buildings next to the old cinemas.

scottm commented about Assembly Square Cinemas on Nov 19, 2008 at 8:08 pm

This is old Somerville Assembly Square Cinemas. It is still closed.
Pics took on November 19, 2008

scottm commented about Assembly Square Cinemas on Aug 31, 2008 at 6:54 pm

I am aware of this. I feel not safe to walk into there.

scottm commented about Park Theatre on May 24, 2008 at 5:57 pm

If that place near shopping stores, I think that cinema was a X-rated theatrer. I remember when my friend and I went to that cinema. The employee would not let us in unless we are 18 years old or over. That time we were in the late 17 years old. That was about 27 years ago (around 1981 or 1982). I am not sure when it was closed. I never been in that cinema before.

scottm commented about Showcase Cinemas Revere on Dec 12, 2007 at 4:32 pm

Here are some pictures of Revere Showcase Cinemas (Pixs taken on 12/12/07 around 4pm)

scottm commented about Assembly Square Cinemas on Dec 11, 2007 at 6:20 pm

No, I haven’t try it.

scottm commented about Cinema I & II on Dec 11, 2007 at 5:05 pm

That cinema was near to Sears. I have been there 2 or 3 times.The movie house is now gone and replace to parking lot for the Square One Mall.

scottm commented about Park Theatre on Dec 11, 2007 at 4:41 pm

Is this theatre located near shopping area?

scottm commented about Assembly Square Cinemas on Dec 11, 2007 at 4:26 pm

Here are some pictures of formerly Sack / Loews Cinema in Somerville, MA.
Pictures taken on Dec. 11, 2007 in the afternoon.

scottm commented about Assembly Square Cinemas on Dec 6, 2007 at 11:02 am

I would not recommended to walk in unlock door. There is always risk of getting caught by police so it is best to stay away. I was going to take a picture of outside theater and post the link here yesterday but I didn’t have time. Someday I will.

scottm commented about Assembly Square Cinemas on Apr 15, 2007 at 7:05 am

I drove and stopped by Someville Loews today and saw there are no titles on the sign. I wasn’t aware it was closed few months ago.

scottm commented about Showcase Cinemas Revere on May 7, 2005 at 2:12 pm

http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/matreve (old Revere Drive in theatre)

scottm commented about Milbridge Theatre on May 7, 2005 at 1:48 pm

I have been there once or twice about 20 years ago. It is a small movie house. I think it is a single screen. The supermarket is across the street from the cinema. My grandparents home is about 3 miles from Milbridge Theatre. I used to visit this theatre when I was young. I am still surprised it is still running today. Thanks for putting this up.

scottm commented about Showcase Cinemas Revere on May 7, 2005 at 12:55 pm

Yes, that’s correct, There was a drive in theatre in the same area where cinema was built. I believe there were 2 drive in screens and it was torn down sometimes in the 1970’s (late 70’s?). I have never been in there but I saw it when I drive by pass. There is also flea market on Saturday and Sunday at the Revere Showcase parking lot during warm season.

scottm commented about Broadway Theatre on May 6, 2005 at 8:40 pm

That is what I thought. You are right it is on the orange line. I haven’t rode the subway for many years.

scottm commented about Broadway Theatre on May 6, 2005 at 8:31 pm

I am trying to remember where was this theatre location at…..

I think it was near Sullivan Square, Near the T Red line station?

I was there one time when I was about 15-16 years old.

scottm commented about Granada Theatre on May 6, 2005 at 8:17 pm

My mistake. It is Granada Theatre.

scottm commented about Broadway Theatre on May 5, 2005 at 9:47 pm

I visited this theatre one time in the mid 1970’s to late 1970’s

scottm commented about Granada Theatre on May 5, 2005 at 9:32 pm

Grande Theatre had two screens. One is upstair (on second floor) and one is on first floor. Sometimes in the 1970’s. They added two more screens (2 upstair and 2 on the floor floor). I think the 2 new ones are smaller than the others. It lasts for a few years. I beleive the theatre was closed sometimes in the mid 80’s

scottm commented about Granada Theatre on May 5, 2005 at 9:26 pm

Grande Theatre was closed sometimes in the early 80’s to Mid-80’s. I remembered I watched “Friday the 13th” horror movie at Granada Threatre sometimes in the 1981 or 1982 for 99 cents or a dollar. Grande Theatre was about 5-10 minutes drive from my house.