Comments from theatrelifer

Showing 8 comments

theatrelifer
theatrelifer commented about Oakbrook Center Cinemas on Dec 26, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Tnash, Thanks I found it. looks like I worked there a ways before you guys.I was the manager at 1-3 in 1985 till I opened the new complex 1-4 in 1987 making the old theatres 5-7. I later worked for Kerasotes theatres with another manager that had worked at oabrook for AMC HER NAME IS Dawn Messer.

theatrelifer
theatrelifer commented about Fox Valley Theaters on Dec 17, 2012 at 10:34 am

I think that you were at on time my DM. When I first came to Oak Brook I had Ed Konrandt,Then you Dave Lang,followed by Mike Sadigain,Jim Felker,Jay Schenkel.When I worked for Kerasotes I saw your name as a DM I was so upset that they sold to AMC but the theatre that I worked at City North along with Webster was not part of the sale do to a judges decree they went to Regal.Working for Plitt and then Century(Sufurys) and lastly the Kersotes was the best then came the chains and they let all the managers go. Regal gave me the Choice of making $8.25 down from $19.00 or loosing all benifets and to work part time so I left.Are you still in the Theatre game?

theatrelifer
theatrelifer commented about Fox Valley Theaters on Dec 15, 2012 at 1:33 pm

My former Brother in Law is Pat Burns He was vp under Irwin Choen at the time. I also have worked for Classic Cinemas,Century(Cinemark) Kerasotes (Regal)

theatrelifer
theatrelifer commented about Fox Valley Theaters on Dec 15, 2012 at 1:30 pm

No Greg I worked the Oakbrook theatres till 1991 then went to manage River Oaks 7&8.I also worked at Orland in 1983 to 84 Then I opened Orland Sq 5-8. I worked with Mr. Studdert and Gilbert Tamm at 1-4 and Ed Butkovich at 5-8

theatrelifer
theatrelifer commented about Orland Square Cinemas on Dec 13, 2012 at 2:49 am

I was a manager at both theatres Orland 1-4 and then I opened 5-8. seating was 250,250,400,400. The first big movie we played was Ghostbusters.

theatrelifer
theatrelifer commented about Oakbrook Center Cinemas on Dec 13, 2012 at 2:35 am

Tnash, I can’t seem to find the Facebbok page

theatrelifer
theatrelifer commented about Fox Valley Theaters on Dec 13, 2012 at 2:25 am

Dal, I worked for Plitt/Cineplex for 17 years.When I was Manager at Oakbrook 1-4 Before this new theatre I was manger of what was then 1-3 before being known as 5-7 after the new theatre was open. Ron Roberts took over as manager of 5-7 after I left to open the new theatre. He then left to manage Fox Valley.I just found out that one of the convicted is being released on the 18th of this month after serving half of his sentence and the other murder is being releasd in 2013. This happened on 12-23-1988. My prayers go out to the Roberts family

theatrelifer
theatrelifer commented about Oakbrook Center Cinemas on Oct 23, 2006 at 6:37 am

I was the opening manager of the Oakbrook Theatre at 300 Oakbook drive. This was a great theatre. I was there for about 4 years. Also worked many other Plitt Theatres/Cineplex Odeon Theatres. During the 20plus years.Such as River Oaks 1&4(9&10) Orland Park 1-4/5-8. Paramount, Medoview and Town cinema in Kankakee, The Mecury Theatre,The Diana in Homewood and many others.