The Pentridge as remodelled for the re-opening on 25 March 1920 to William Heap’s design.
This view, from the orchestra gallery, looks almost identical to the same view at the Imperial. The projection room is under the balcony, as at the Imperial, and is not very wide (for two machines), as at the Imperial. However, the stalls at the Pentridge extend much further back under the balcony, unlike at the Imperial, so the Pentridge’s supporting columns must have given many seats at the back very poor sight-lines to the screen.
The dark rectangular shape behind the left column is a direct exit to the outside. The other side can be seen on an outside view of the abandoned building; and indicates the shallowness of the foyer, access areas and other front-of-house parts of the building.
No one has favorited this photo yet