December 11, 1916 was the soft launch of the Opera House with “The Juggernaut”. At bottom is the official grand opening took place on February 2, 1917 with a live event.
But films proved more lucrative and the venue was renamed Royal Theatre (middle ad on July 10, 1919).
When it installed an Western Electric sound system on December 13, 1929, it reopened as the Ritz Theatre (at left).
No one has favorited this photo yet