Circa 1940 photo credit Vince Nicklin.
Circa 1940 photo and description credit Vince Nicklin. “The old movie theater was housed in the former Buss store, located at the present-day corner of Main Street and Park Lane. In the 1930s, the building sat empty and unused and according to the local newspaper "had become an unsightly object to persons entering the village from the South.” In 1940, the building was completely remodeled and restored for use as a movie theater. On May 4, 1941, the theater officially opened. The first film shown was “Slightly Honorable” starring Pat O'Brien. The theater had 442 seats and featured the latest sound and projection equipment."
No one has favorited this photo yet