Prior to demolition

Uploaded By

Tiny dallasmovietheaters

Featured Theater

Royal Theater

Royal Theater

Findlay, OH

More Photos

Photo Info

Uploaded on: September 20, 2013

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)

Size: 371.9 KB

Views: 490

Full EXIF: View all

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)

Date_time: Fri Sep 20 10:55:21 -0700 2013

Color_space: 65535

Pixel_x_dimension: 798

X_resolution: 150

Pixel_y_dimension: 1263

Y_resolution: 150

Resolution_unit: 2

License: By

Prior to demolition

Opened May 2, 1907 as the Mystic Theater. A 1914 remodeling took place and just four years later, the operator of the original Royal Theater at 237 S. Main bought the Mystic and renamed it, The New Royal with its Wurlitzer pipe organ. In 1930, the film geared up for sound as The Royal showing Animal Crackers with ushers in tuxedoes during this era. Stueve-Wilson operated the theater from 1932 through 1970 converting the theatre to Cinemascope at the open of the 1950s. Wilson closed the Royal in May of 1970 and though the Armstrong Circuit bought rights to the theater, it didn’t re-open. Wilson was on hand for the marquee removal and demolition of the theatre on March 27, 1974.

Unfavorite No one has favorited this photo yet

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment