The Gay Theater became the Coronet — an art house in 1948. Like many art houses of the period, they found money switching to adult fare. In 1977, Jim Frazee managed the theater as it rebranded itself the Edison and moved toward an ambitious slate of repertory art films. It moved to the Granada, itself a XXX house years earlier. The theater became the Mexico Theater, a Hispanic theater, then the Oriental Theater in the 1980s, before becoming home to multiple nightclubs in the 1990s. It was demolished in the late 1990s.
No one has favorited this photo yet