The Ro-Nile Theater was at 3220 Knox Street and operated by the Ro-Nile Amusement Company. The ad at left at opening August 1, 1923. It had a Minusa Screen with a jinxed J.D. Wheelan organ. Unfortunately, J.D. Wheelan, himself, was severely burned on April 21, 1923 when an explosion occurred while repairing the organ. One week later on April 28, 1923 before repairs were completed, a second fire destroyed the front end of the theater and the balcony. In 1930, the organ struck again taking a customer’s life when he reached in to get some coins but standing water in the organ pit helped to cause the patron’s electrocution.
No one has favorited this photo yet