This aerial view is dated 1928.
The Kinematograph Year Book (KYB) for 1914 mentions a “Picture Palace” in “East Dereham” but has no other information.
KYB 1931 lists the “Corn Exchange” in “East Dereham” owned by the “Corn Exchange Company” and giving “occasional shows”. There is no asterisk to indicate sound has been installed; there is no other information.
KYB 1942 has it as the Exchange Theatre with 754 seats and BTP sound. The owners are Dereham Cinemas Ltd.
KYB 1947 has the same information as 1942, but seating is now 716.
KYB 1954 has the capacity as 661 seats. The sound system is Duosonic and the owners are Exchange Theatre Ltd. (Does the seat reduction and new sound system indicate the installation of CinemaScope?)
No one has favorited this photo yet