This June 1950 aerial shot gives a good view of the huge scale of the New Victoria/Gaumont. Entrances under the domes gave access to the cinema. The canopy jutting out half way between the two domes is over the entrance to the ballroom, which was located at first floor level of (the almost separate) pitched roof part of the building on Thornton Road. Behind the ballroom entrance, dancers climbed steps to the first floor level and progressed along a corridor towards the high-windowed room under the far dome. The restaurant was on the ground floor under the ballroom, with an inconspicuous entrance on Thornton Road next to the far dome.
No one has favorited this photo yet