Chief Plaza 4 Cinemas
813 Lincoln Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Chief Theater (Official)
Previously operated by: Carmike Cinemas
Functions: Performing Arts
Previous Names: Chief Theatre, Village Theatre, Chief Plaza Theatre
News About This Theater
- Sep 6, 2012 — Chief Theater in Steamboat Springs closes
- Sep 3, 2010 — Local group wants to acquire Chief Plaza 4 for arts center
- Dec 7, 2009 — Steamboat Springs' Chief Plaza Theater for sale
The Chief Theatre was the second movie theatre to be built in Steamboat Springs. Built by an Indian Chief from Oklahoma named Harry Gordon, it opened September 23, 1926 as a single screen theatre with 450 seats. The other theatre was the Alden Theatre that closed shortly after the Chief Theatre opened with talking pictures.
Following a remodel in May 1969 the Chief Theatre was renamed Village Theatre. It was converted to a four-screen theatre showing first run attractions and operated by Carmike Theatres until September 2, 2012. By 2013 it had converted back to a single auditorium and was operating as a performing arts center.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.