Hollywood Central Cinema
No one has favorited this theater yet
Hollywood Cinemas (Official)
Operated by: Hollywood Cinemas
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Cinema, Central Cinema, Hollywood Cinema
Originally built in 1855 as the Corn Hall, the building also served as a magistrates court and a library. It was converted into a 700 seat cinema, opening in 1930 as the Cinema.
By 1937 it had been re-named Central Cinema and was operated by Eastern Cinemas from 1950 until closing in 1976. It became a bingo club until the mid-to-late-1990’s.
After laying empty and unused for a couple of years, it was re-opened on 13th July 2000 as the Hollywood Cinema. Initially, two screens were provided with seating for 220 and 60. In January 2003 a third screen was added, seating 80 in what had previously been the former circle.
It was taken over by Stevens Cinemas in 2009, and reverted back to its original name of Central Cinema. In 2015 it was taken back by Hollywood Cinemas and renamed Hollywood Central Cinema.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.